Pages

Saturday 15 April 2017

Last Day at Lagunas de lo Monte


Well its the last day of my current trip so its a morning at lo Monte then off to the airport for my afternoon flight back to the uk. Early start and I'm on site for just after 8.30 am, quick scan of all the hides just to get an overview of whats about then I settle down and wait !

I'm at the number one hide on the bottom and largest lake and I see a Squacco Heron flying towards me, it drops down on the other side of the reeds near number two hide so I make my way round, theres a brit already in the hide, he's also from Campoverdi and a northerner, we chat about birding in general, Spain, retirement, we'er missing loads of stuff taking ! Birds of note....Marsh Harrier, Night Heron, Squacco Heron, Purple Heron, White Headed Duck, Iberian Green Frog

I finish off on the top lake, theres some differing water colour, some dark green, and some flat calm blues, both situations gives good photo ops of Pochard and Gadwall. All to soon its time to leave for home back to Compoverdi, but I'll be back soon !

Click image for clarity













No comments:

Post a Comment