Pages

Monday 10 April 2017

Lagunas de lo Monte - Day 2


I can't believe this reserve is so close to the accommodation and haven't visited previously, this is my second visit and I'm looking forward to hopeful getting some shots of the Squacco Herons seen on my last visit. Starting at the fist hide I note a approximately twenty waders on the lake pontoon, they are jostling each other constantly flying around periodically visiting the mud area in front of the hide,  it takes some time to id the waders as Wood Sandpipers, with patience I get the shots, but by heck they are wary.

Swallows, Swifts, Sand Martins and House Martins are abundant overhead feeding on the insects around the lake, then two Swallows land in the adjacent reed bed providing me with some good photo ops. 

Crash..bang !...a Little Grebe has caught what appears to be a Darter, I can't imaging how that occurred given the speed Darters travel, the grebe struggles to devourer the insect, at one point stopping photographing to watch the spectacle.

Onwards to the top lake, previously where I have seen various herons....nothing. The only photo opportunities being Cormorant and ducks, Gadwall, Mallard and Pochard giving the only photo opportunities, still better luck next time

Click image for clarity

















No comments:

Post a Comment