Pages

Wednesday 12 April 2017

Lagunas de lo Monte 3


Back to lo Monte Reserve today having had some success on my previous visits. Started at the first hide on the bottom lake, met and chatted with one of the reserve staff, he mentioned he'd seen an Osprey earlier in the morning but not seen by me, not a lot going on so moved up the the fourth hide on the top lake. As soon as I arrive I spot a Moorhen in the reeds to my right....no its a Purple Gallenule !....I manage to fired off some shots, it takes one look at me and its gone...theres timing for you !

The rest of the morning was spent moving between the hides trying to cover as much of whats going on as possible, birds of note include....Chetti's Warbler, Whiskered Tern, Common Tern, Squacco Heron, Grey Heron, Red Crested Pochard, M&F White Headed Duck, Kestrel and the chorus of croaking frogs

Click image for clarity....




No comments:

Post a Comment