Pages

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Rebate - Salinas del San Pedro


Off to the salinas at San  Pedro but first a slight detour up to Rebate amongst the orange groves where normally we has a Sunday lunch. The place was eerily quite apart from the sound of partridge calling in the distance and the odd twittering House Sparrow, on the way back I spotted two Swallows sat on a road side wire, not swallows but...Red Rumped Swallows !...quickly parking up just below the Swallows who duly obliged for several minuets before flying off over the orange groves in the morning sunshine.

Next up was the visitors centre at the San Pedro Salinas, Spotted Flycatcher, Blackcap, Chetti's Warbler were worthy of note, onwards to "midge alley" to look for yellow wagtails, I did mananage find several but no decent photo ops today. Back to my usual number two stop locating a black Ruff, as the camera set up was for 700mm the bird was too close hence missing a good photo opportunity, I  settle down and wait for the return of the Ruff occupying my time snapping the numerous Yellow Legged Gulls that patrol the salt pans on the look out for a free meal

It takes another hour before the Ruff returns, with the lens extender already removed I at last obtained the photo op I was after.

Click image for clarity














No comments:

Post a Comment