Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2019

Icelandic Swans Visit Norden

Norden - 27.3.19


It's 6.0 pm and I've just read on a local biding site that 33 Whooper Swans had turned up this am on a local reservoir, I should have looked earlier....doh ! With sunset is around 7.0 pm and I recon I may have around thirty minuets of light to get some images and to add its a ten minuet drive to get up to the reservoir, I'm thinking is it worth it, after a micro second I decide to go for it.

Now at the reservoir a quick scan I can see the swans at the other end, looks like I'm going to have to run as the sun is now so low it's starting to clip the hills over towards Holcombe. With some heavy breathing I managed some images shooting as low as 200/sec checking the image stabilisation is enabled as I need all the help I can get. After five minuets of shooting the light is so poor its pointless to continue, hopefully they will stick around until tomorrow morning when I'll try again.

Norden - 28.3.19


Dragging myself out of bed at 5.50 am I'm on site for 6.15 hoping the Whooper's would still be present, alas their appearance yesterday was only a stop over rest and have now departed glad I made the effort late yesterday afternoon.

Whooper Swan






1 comment:

  1. Totally interesting also extraordinary blog interesting picture gallery

    ReplyDelete