Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Last Of The Seasons Dee Owls

Parkgate - 20.3.19


Now nearing the end of March I'm surprised Short-eared Owls are still appearing almost daily down on the Dee Estuary at Parkgate with three "shorties" being seen only yesterday, a quick check on the weather and I've decided a trip over might be a good idea as they are sure to soon depart for their breeding areas.

Work in progress

Click image to view

Short-eared Owl










Short-eared Owls can be seen at any time through out the day at Parkgate but mid to late afternoon there's also a good chance of seeing Barn Owl and today was no exception.

Its now around 4.0pm and the light is still pretty good as the sun has arced around in the direction of  West Kirby with now a golden glow over the light brown salt marsh then a Barn Owl makes an appearance, I was told earlier there where two last night but I'm more than happy to see one.

I've been struggling a little photographing the "shorties" as the cameras autofocus isn't quite picking out SEO against the similar coloured background which I guess is down to the camera setting, I'm not have the same issue with the Barn Owl being lighter coloured but I just wish it would come a little closer.

Barn Owl











No comments:

Post a Comment