Pages

Sunday 17 March 2019

Just Champion

Sunday - 17th March


I've been on the road over the last couple of weeks supporting the Wales rugby team in the Six Nations Tournament.....Cardiff, Edinburgh and back to Cardiff this weekend so the camera as they say has had to take a back seat. Now the tournament is over and Wales are the Grand Slam Champions I'm eager to resume normal service so after that deluge of yesterday afternoon and a forecast of a little sun this morning I'm having a couple of hours out in the forest.

It's a sunny morning all be it a little on the cold side, the area I'm at this morning like many other locations shows signs of recent extensive boar activity so the search begins. An early morning dog walker approaches and asks......"have you come to see the boar?"....I reply "yes".....she continues "they are great, they are all over the place".

Public opinion regarding increasing the boar cull is split especially amongst FOD residents, I supposed you point of view all depends on whether you've suffered damage in some way and your view on nature, but there's no doubt there's extensive damage in some areas to public park spaces, roadside verges even football pitches looking more like ploughed fields.

I'm in an area quite dense in low thorny bushes and gorse which the boar tend to retreat to during the day, I hear a sow grunt which is a bit unnerving when you can't see no more than a meter in front of you so climb to higher ground, I can see a couple of humbugs and a sow, then another sow and more humbugs maybe up to twelve some sunning themselves amongst some gorse bushes.

Its a long shot and switch the crop camera to the 500mm and 1.4 extender giving 1,120mm focal length, the shots aren't what I had imagined or hoped for and certainly not what I'd see recently of low uncluttered images amongst bracken, never the less I'm grateful to be out and a great way to finish off the Grand Slam weekend...Wales..Wales

By the way...thanks for the heads up

Click image to view...

Wild Boar - "Humbugs"









Initially it was thought there were only three or four humbugs but it soon became obvious there were probably up to twelve individuals warming in the early the morning sunshine.

Happiness....just being able to sleep in the sun


No comments:

Post a Comment