Pages

Friday 1 March 2019

March Picture Of The Month

Plock Court - February 2018


My usual picture of the month feature posting one of my favourite images from my travels. As it's March and St Davids Day intended posting the image of the Rock Thrush taken above Abergavenny, but it appears I've done that one !

This image of a Penduline Tit was taken early last year 2018, I must say it dose seem much longer than that. after four unsuccessful visits at Plock Court Nature Area in Gloucester. You can read about the encounter if you look down the index on the right hand side and looking for Penduline Tit.

Normally I spend most of my time in Greater Manchester area and wouldn't normally be hurtling around the country "twitching" a bird four times, those days are long gone, but Plock Court is only about twenty miles from the FOD so its an easy trip for me when down.

This was an odd location for this bird to turn up on a small reed fringed pond no bigger than twenty square meters, you could literally walk around it in three minuets. Also the second time in two years a Penduline Tit had over wintered in the area the last time only two miles further down the road at Horsbere Over Flow Area.

On occasions the bird would disappear for a day or so only to reappear so it's likely it was visiting a similar location, if anyone know the area on the other side of the dual carriageway.

Penduline Tit


No comments:

Post a Comment