Pages

Sunday 30 September 2018

Murcia Tidy Up

Post Trip Tidy Up - 30.9.19


Although return bird migration didn't match my expectation being very quiet, perhaps my visit was early or, possibly late I don't know but it's alway good to travel the Murcia and enjoy the usually fine weather.

I'm still going through the hundreds of images from the trip and any wothwhile images not included in earlier posts I will include here, but in the interim here's an image of a Little Stint which are pretty common on the salinas.

Little Stint

The story behind the stint images...the wader was feeding in some very sticky mud, the only way the bird could free its legs was too flap it's wings to lift itself out of the mud, it could then move and carry on feeding.

Click image to view....





Dunlin - summer plumage







Ruff - something in the eye I believe ?





No comments:

Post a Comment