Pages

Monday 24 September 2018

Keeping It's Distance

Salinas de San Pedro - 24.9.18


During my trip in April Avocets were present in some numbers and generally can be seen year round as I assume they are resident breeders, now September I've only seen a few way out on the salinas never coming that near, certainly not to photograph.

I'm sat down at the end of one of the salt pan banks favoured by breeding Little Terns now departed to Africa photographing a Black Tailed Godwit, being early morning before the heat build up the water is flat calm giving good reflection, out of the corner of my eye I can see an Avocet approaching not flying but swimming, it looks a good shot so I start tracking the wader but the wader see's me and doubles back in opposite direction. Eventually the Avocet can resist joining the godwit and a ruff that's now appeared busily feeding in the corner of the pool probably thinking there's easy food on offer.

This time I remain statuesquc only moving to click the shutter, the Avocet approaches close and joins the banquet eventually deciding that there's better offerings else where and departs, but I do get some good shots one in particular being the reflection shot below.

Avocet









No comments:

Post a Comment