Pages

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Great Chattering Warblers !


Where ever I’ve been over the last couple of days with significant reed beds there have been Great Reed warblers chattering, sometimes deep in cover, sometimes sat at the top of stems but always to far to photograph. 

Today I’m back at the Vistabella Road on the southern area of El Hondo to visit the second hide which is some way down from the water channel footbridge. Its early morning and the sun is just rising as I walk along the track, I can hear a multitude of bird of differing sound and I’m anticipating a good morning of bird photography. 

I am half way along the track when suddenly a Great Reed Warbler pops up in the reed bed, its sat on a reed stem with the stem behind which makes for a ideal to capture a good image. More intent on chattering than being concerned about me it presents a good photo op, its only about 5.0 meters away and I don't have a tripod so its hand hold only at 1,120mm focal length! I managed over the next 3 to 4 minutes get some real close images, a real good encounter.

Happy with the great start to the day I’m looking forward to seeing what unfolds in hide two, a new location for me.

Click image to view....







No comments:

Post a Comment