Pages

Monday 17 April 2017

Elton Garganey


After the failed attempt to see the reported Garganey at the Clot de Galvaney last week on the Costa Blanca, I returned home on Saturday to find a Garganey had turned up no more than five miles from home on a flooded field at Withens near Elton in Bury, so Sunday morning in slight drizzle I'm off to see if I can get some images. 

Arriving at Elton several others are also making their way to the location so I tag along as I don't know exactly where the duck is located. After about thirty minuets walk it seems like we are practically in Radcliffe, as we arrive the Garganey is located on a pool some distance from the canal path, too far really to photograph so its just a case of observation. The rain is now constant, quite different to yesterday thirty degrees temperature and full sun, so I call it a day.

With the improving weather forecast for the bank holiday Monday I thought I'd try again for the Garganey after yesterdays disaster, so its an early 6.30 am start full of optimism I would get some decent images. 

Arriving at Elton/Withens the Garganey is located on the near pool adjacent to the canal path no more than thirty to fourty meters distance, great...but the light is in front and reflecting off the water, with +2 stops over exposure I make the best of the situation and get a good photo ops. After some nine hundred frames in the bag, I decide to call it a day happy that at last I managed to obtain the images I had missed at the Clot de Galvaney last week

Foot note, 21/04/17...visited Elton this morning and there was no sign of the Garganey, appears to have moved on

Click image for clarity
























No comments:

Post a Comment