Pages

Monday 8 April 2019

One Last Local

Watergrove, Rochdale - 8.4.19


After Saturday's curtailed session due to being mega busy with a Parkrun I'm hoping for a quieter morning. It's a little cloudy which is exactly how I like, sunny conditions doesn't really work for this location as the sun angle is from the side so hopefully I'll get a couple of hours before the dreaded sun comes out.

Lesser Redpolls and Brambling as my previous visit are busily taking advantage of the free food on offer but I can't see the Mealy Redpoll, looks like waiting is the order. I'm in the same position as my previous two visits as it's the only location where I can get down low to try and loose the background, minus one stool which I've forgot again its sit on the ground time !

Now well over two hour have passed and the Mealy hasn't appeared which is the main reason for my return visit, but I must say I'm more than happy to keep snapping away at the very wary Brambling which are always the furthest away at the back of the wood.

Other birds noted out of interest include, M/F Bullfinch, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Chaffinch, L Redpoll, Brambling, Reed Bunting, G/B/LT/C Tit amongst others.  

It seems like I'm just repeating the same shots over and over so I'm being more selective before I hit the shutter. Now very quiet with very little activity I decide to call it a day.

And that's it another new venue locally and only five miles from home, happy I made the effort with some worth while images. Until the next time.

Brambling






Lesser Redpoll



1 comment:

  1. They say that no pain, no gain, but here is a lot of patience, knowledge, waiting and the prize we see at the end of the line. Fantastic to see how you've caught this fantastic animal in your photography. Surely you have a great skill.

    Sayedul Mursalin
    Photographer and Retoucher at
    clipping path service helps ecommerce owners and commercial photographers edit their product photos that increase online sells.

    ReplyDelete