Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Out in the forest

Forest of Dean - 31.3.19


After a family day out yesterday at one of my old stomping grounds down at Porthcawl I only have a couple of hours spare this morning before the long drive back "op norf" so with a little sun I'm on the look out for Adders warming in the early sunshine.

I'm at a location where I've seen Adders a number of time previous the only issue is there can be a little bit of disturbance by walkers with the Adders moving away into the undergrowth. Straight away I can see three Adders warming in the meagre sunlight on top of a mossy mount, two grey males and a very dark female, the female is aware of my presence detecting vibrations or smell I don't know which and moves off into the undergrowth. Sitting down at a respectable distance the female reappears after a few minuets I'm happy just to watch.

Work in progress......

Adder - male




No comments:

Post a Comment