Pages

Friday 30 November 2018

December Picture Of The Month

San Felipe Centre, El Hondo, Elche - January 2018


New feature for the blog in which I will post a stand out image from my travels on the first of every month. December's image is a White Spotted Bluethroat that I came across in the garden at San the Felipe Centre, El Hondo Reserve.

It's January and I'm enjoying warm break out in Murcia away from the cold, rain and snow back in the UK. Saturdays mornings is a regular meet up with the expats amongst others at El Hondo's North Gate, after the 11.30 am kick out some like me continue on to the reception centre which forms part of the west side of main El Hondo reserve.

San Felipe in January is quiet, a little different to the summer when it was a cacophony of sound. After doing the regulatory reception lake I'm walking through the garden when I spot what looks like a Robin, scarce in Murcia, but it isn't....it's a White Spotted Bluethroat, my first ever sighting of this bird and a first in Murcia.

Sitting on the ground I spend the next thirty minuets or so photographing the Bluethroat happily hopping around feeding below tamarisk....one of my memorable visits.

White Spotted Bluethroat


No comments:

Post a Comment