Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Last Day Before The Storm

Cabo de Palos / Los Urrutias - 29.1.19


I'm coming to the end of my Murcia trip and I thought I'd have one last visit over to Cabo de Palos to try and improve on the images of the rare for the area the Brown-necked Raven, but on route its always worth calling in to Los Urrutias on the Mar Menor as its a wader hot spot and anything can turn up. I'd also like to re-photograph the Little Egret if still present, as the light on my last visit was grey and overcast resulting in some poor flat images.

As I'm on route to Cabo de Palos and it's still morning this is a bit of rece visit, the Little Egret is still present so with a little luck will be here later, possibly even some waders that may drop in later in the day..fingers crossed.

Now late afternoon the low sun is right behind producing some great light on to the sea, the Egret is fishing right near the shore line, there's some good images to be had, all I need is to improve as a bird photographer !

Little Egret








Greenshank


The light is changing somewhat, sometimes good sometimes not so good but as its windless I manage to get some reflection shots, the image below being one of my favourites.





In this image as in the image of the Little Egret the Greenshank has caught a Pipefish, it struggled with it initially taking it to the waters edge to finally swallow

BirdGuides "Notable Image" 6-12th February, 2019. see link.....

https://www.birdguides.com/articles/photo-of-the-week-6-12-february/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter130219&eid=594937&_ccCt=5ULMB15BjDA0fidwZP_VA_1Q1EwkcsVmFQ1au0H56uLvTLwPRZWOLd%7egqpRqXqVn




There were two Greenshanks during my visit occasionally coming together, and very occasionally after a long wait coming together in the same shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment