Pages

Friday 1 February 2019

I'm Happy In The Sun

Cabo de Palos - 29.1.19


The weather today is sun and twenty degrees the main reason why so many expats over winter in Southern Spain, the number of motor homes from all over northern Europe on and around the local camping and caravanning sites is quite surprising.

Now I'm a bit of a coffee buff and I especially enjoy a coffee in costa, no not that costa...the Costa Blanca ! I'm at the lighthouse located on the rocky headland at start of the La Manga "strip" to try and improve on the images of the Brown-necked Raven that's relocated from North Africa and one of the best locations to wait for the bird to show up is at the local cafe/bar enjoying a coffee overlooking a small cove...just glorious !

My wife has joined me for the last couple of days of the trip and as we sip coffee in the sun I can see in the distance the Raven coming towards me rocking and rolling along the cliff top, I have the camera with the 100-400 on the table ready and as the bird glides overhead I rattle off some shots.

Brown-necked Raven





Eventually the Raven lands on what appears to be an electricity supply cable strung between the buildings just above the road, unfortunately it meaning photographing the dark bird into a bright sky washing out the colour, but its a rare bird right !






No comments:

Post a Comment