Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2019

Cuckoo Time

Weekend Away


My planned visit up to the south Scotland to photograph this iconic summer visitor hasn't gone quite to plan as the weather today has taken a turn for the worse, I was hopping for some cloud cover and good light but in addition throw in some light rain and there you have it....another challenging day, 

I'm up on moorland and several Cuckoo are calling in the valley below, but I'm heading to an area where a particular individual is on territory in a small valley with a small coppice. No sooner than we arrive the unmistakable call can be heard in bushes nearby, then the bird lands on a post all the while being mobbed by several resident Meadow Pipits and Chaffinches. Trying to remain calm I rattle of hundreds of images, I'm not sure the light rain adds to or looks good in the image, but what a super bird.

Despite the drizzle not producing top quality images it's been great couple of hours, but now with low light and increasing mist it's time to call it day and head back to the hotel for a well earn't rest.

Next up...Sparrowhawk.

Click image and view full screen.

Cuckoo







No comments:

Post a Comment