Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2019

Sky Shot's !

Lo Romero Golf - 6.5.19


This morning is the first day in quite a few where it's cloudy, no more of the harsh sunlight of the last couple of days so a good time to have a couple of hours around the roads of the local golf coarse.....just watch out for those balls !

As I drive around the area soon to have shinny new 500,000 € villas built for northern Europeans looking to escape the wet winters back home a Iberian Red Squirrel scuttles across the road and sits on a low bush posing for the camera, the lens is too long so I switch too something shorter...too slow and I miss the shot...doh. Next up is a Southern Grey Shrike perched typically on a small tree looking for some unsuspecting prey, shrikes I never find easy to shoot and before I get anywhere near it fly's off.

Now at a location which is usually the most productive all that's about is a distant Little Owl sat on a rock and a pair of Red-Rumped Swallows hawking around a culvert occasionally disappearing up a four foot drain....might be worth a look !

The Drain





















Red-rumped Swallow Nest


I stick my head up the drain and I can see something further up so I clamber into the drain and find the most intricate of nests attached the the roof of the drain, not unlike that of a House Martin but with a long entrance neck and a chamber at the end.

Might be worth a return visit later to try for some images of the Swallows..






Now nearing the end of my circuit and a couple of near Partridge misses I see another Red-legged Partridge stood on a pile of rocks belting out it's "chukka..click" call, usually I'm not very successful getting anywhere these birds over the last couple of days...I keep saying that don't I !...but this chap is happy to stay put, the only issue is the background is the a grey blank sky producing not such a great an image but the best offering this morning.

There's always another day.

Red-legged Partridge









No comments:

Post a Comment