Pages

Saturday 4 May 2019

Lucky Find

Lo Romero Golf - 4.5.19


The nearby Lo Romero Golf has several areas still under construct and sometimes there can be some good photo opportunities on offer particularly early mornings when the light is a little softer, but today I thought I'd have a slow afternoon driver around my usual circuit in the hope of catching up with a Southern Grey Shrike I had seen earlier.

It's quiet as I drive around part from the occasional clink of a golfer teeing off, the sun's high in the sky probably the worse conditions possible for photography but at least I'm out and about in some great weather. A Little Owl appears in the same location as I seen one last January which I guess is the same bird, it see's me and it's off into some trees on the far side....I continue on.

After a couple of circuits I head out of the golf coarse when I come across another Little Owl sat on a rock, I'm not sure it's the same bird seen earlier as this is some distance away, slowly I edge the car forward amazed it hasn't departed as earlier bird was quite skittish. I shoot some images but the light is so harsh in the midday sun, a shame really as this is one of the best encounters of a Little Owl to date. I decide to chance my luck and edge the car forward another few more meters the bird is happy to just sit, it's now full frame in the camera viewer.

After some ten minuets a passing maintenance van spooks the owl and it's gone. What a lucky encounter that happens very occasionally, time to press on.

Little Owl











No comments:

Post a Comment