Pages

Friday 18 May 2018

A Secret Place

18th May - Greater Manchester


Today I'm at a location I rarely visit and very lucky to be shown the breeding site of a Willow Tit, located next to a public area I'm surprised by it's site selection and possible public disturbance.

Being a sunny day wasn't the best conditions for photography with the harsh light and with the tit being lighting fast entering it's hole I had to improvise to get a shot. Every time I tried to focus on the tit the lens would grab the background by which time the tit had gone !!....time for plan "B"

Pre-focusing on the hole with a small enough f stop for greater depth of filed I lock off the gimbal and wait. The tit to arrives I estimate I have about 1-2 seconds for a shot, not looking through the camera the tit arrives and I blast off about twenty images hoping the birds in focus, the tit leaving the hole is even quicker, time will tell when I review the images on the computer

Click image to view

Willow Tit







No comments:

Post a Comment