Pages

Thursday 10 May 2018

Brookdale Park Revisited

10th May - Brookdale Park, Newton Heath


I couldn't resist another visit to Brookdale Park to see if I could improve on the images of the now scares Wood Warbler taken on Tuesday, a very unusual and local opportunity that's not likely to occur again any time soon.

I'm again at the same location as on Tuesday and the warbler hasn't move from the small area of territory it's decided it's wants to breed, unfortunately there dosen't appear to be a female for this unrelentling singing male to pair with and I'm sure it's only a matter of a short period of time before the warbler moves on.

Unlike Tuesday there are a few more birders about some energetically jumping around trying to get a clearer view, with all the commotion the warbler has moved further away to the lower part of the wood giving few opportunities of any decent images, it's a case of wait and see.

Occasionally the warbler returns to a favourite sampling which I have targeted from the elevated banking allowing a eye level shot and always better than shooting upwards in to the trees, on a couple of occasions I managed a series of shots, but it's lean picking today.

I've now been on site three hours and reviewing the back of camera images, one or two look pretty good and I'm keen to review on the computer, so with the warbler now spending more time lower in the wood I call time for today, maybe it will stick around for another visit early next....you never know !

Click image to view

Wood Warbler




No comments:

Post a Comment