Pages

Saturday 22 July 2017

The Tower Little Owls


Having seen images posted recently of the Little Owls in residence at a Holcombe I thought as its only a few miles from home I'd have a go getting some images. I'm still suffering from a virus picked up on the long flight from the recent New Zealand Lions Tour so this will be my first trip out in some five weeks

Arriving where I thought the owls are located I quickly pickup a Little Owl sat on a rock, a quick scan reveals a single juvenile along with an adult bird. As I start to unpack the gear the adult decides to departs....that's birding for you!....gear ready I move into position and wait to see if the parent bird returns

It's now over an hour later and I now quite close to where the juvenile bird is sat, with camo netting draped over me and the gear, local walkers must be wondering whats going on. Eventually the parent bird returns with the juvenile content to half sleep in the sometimes sunshine but always keeping a watchful eye on me. Eventually after around twenty minuets the parent bird departs followed shortly after by the juvenile....time to call it a day.










No comments:

Post a Comment