Pages

Sunday 22 April 2018

Family Day Out

22rd April - San Felipe Neri / Vistabella Road


I was thinking, as it's a quite period why don't I show the other half some of the highlights of El Hondo Reserve !....so it's agree then, and we're off up the AP7.

I'm decked out in camo, the only clothing I've brought, and my wife's in white shorts, a yellow top and a red hat...the odd couple !

It's Sunday and the reserve is busy with families enjoying a day out, no matter I'm content to enjoy day in the sunshine as apposed to rain back home. We don't venture far off the reserve staying mainly on the boardwalk for a leisurely walk.

On our return I pick up a small Stint size wader, my initial id conclusions are ???....but to be certain I take some images to later confirm the identification. Now at the reception centre I can see a number of Curlew Sandpiper a little a closer that earlier in the day so I decide to get some images.

At the edge of the Tamarisk I'm sat on the wet mud using the lens bag as support, I get images of the CS which look are ok, then a small Stint wader drops in...a Temminck's Stint, it dosen't stay long and promptly disappears to the other side of the lagoon.

So my first day as a birding guide...but I did get a comment....."I'm fed up now" !

Click image to view

Your's truly


Curlew Sandpiper





Whiskered Tern


No comments:

Post a Comment