Pages

Sunday 3 November 2019

Late Afternoon On The Mar Menor

Los Urrutias - 3.11.19


As a treat we spent the day over at Cabo de Palos enjoying the panoramic sea views on a very windy day around the light house in some great weather, and as we were passing Los Urrutias called in to see what waders were about on the mud flats around the yacht club. Greenshank, Turnstone, Dunlin, Ringed & Kentish Plovers were all present in good numbers, a group of Sandwich Terns from the colder northern Europe sat close by out on a sand bar, and a first for me in Murcia...a Grey Plover.

Photography at Los Urrutias is always best late afternoon so it's a quick initial visit to see what's about with the intension to spend a couple of hours on my return. I've always found this location problematic when it come to focus and image detail, maybe it's the water reflection couple with the sun angles but improves if I manage to get a little near.

With the sun low in the sky it's there's a light yellow hue over the water, it's different but I still prefer a nice cloudy day in good light but there's no chance of that today it blue sky all the way. The tide has now changed flooding the mud flats seen earlier the waders now further along the shore, nevertheless I managed some images but I'm just not sure the image quality is as good as I would like....hey ho !

Greenshank





Dunlin






Ringed Plover - juvenile




Grey Plover


A first for me in Murcia but I'm sure they are common on passage migration.



No comments:

Post a Comment