Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2019

Salinas Local

Salinas de San Pedro - 6.11.19



This will be the first visit of the trip down to the local salinas, the last trip visit it was pretty quiet so I'm hoping for a little more action this morning. Arriving around 8.0am the sun has just cleared the horizon, it's a red ball in the sky not like whiteout it will be in a few hours time.

The first stop is my usual "favourite" first stop location and to my amazement a "tourist" with small camera has trotted out on to the reserve to try for closer images of the Flamingos in the process scattering the waders to all parts of the salinas...doh ! so with my plans scuppered I opt for plan B and walk the salinas road for a bit of old fashion birding.

Now an hour or so later I'm back quite near to my "favourite" location and yesss....the waders have returned along with a group of juvenile Greater Flamingos, feeling a lot better about the possibility of getting some images I start scanning for possibilities.

The flamingos preoccupation seem to be sleeping, a bit of feather maintenance and the odd stretch, so with a chance of some behaviour shots the waiting starts. The action is little and not so often, nevertheless I''m  happy to get some shots as flamingos although tolerant of people to some extent they usually remain way out in the middle of the salinas.

The sun now beaming down the light is a little harsh, a good time to move on.

Greater Flamingo - juvenile









No comments:

Post a Comment