Pages

Friday 15 November 2019

The Bowlee Run

Bowlee - 15.11.19


Over the last couple of days I've noted quite a group of mixed Corvids feeding on the remnants of a recently cropped maize field, Jackdaws, Carrion Crows and Rooks are all in evidence balancing on the crop storks feeding on the few remaining maize cobs. The field is bathed in sunshine with some nice autumn colours well worth an hour with the camera so it's back to the house to collect the gear.

The field is located close to a busy road and the odd juggernaut sends the birds skywards and despite my best efforts my presence is having the same result so it's back into the car. The Rooks seem more happy to tolerant with my presence inside the tintop hide but it's a bit hazardous sticking the long lens out of the car window, I just make sure I look in the mirror for the next wagon and pull the lens back in !

The corvids having now moved off further into the field out of range it's a good point to call time as I don't want to push my luck getting the lens whacked. A return visit next week....may be

Rook













Rook - juvenile




No comments:

Post a Comment