Pages

Friday 27 November 2020

It Looks A Good Day

Elton Reservoir, Bury - 27.11.20

With light cloud and little or no wind I decided it might be worth spending a couple of hour at Elton Res this morning especially now that the Scaup has relocated to area called the "Creek"...why ? well you can get your nose down at water level, not that you'd want to with all the green algae on the waters surface.

It's a short walk past the resident campers on the mound which can't be pleasant at this time of year down to the creek, straight away I pick up the Scaup diving in the entrance to the creek with some Tufted Duck, but the light is wrong on his side so I need make may way across what is now become one of the best swamps in Bury.

On the opposite bank I'm sitting and waiting for the Scaup to move a little closer before I set the gear, first the Tufted Ducks return then the Scaup follows, time to get cracking. Laying on the ground sheet the ground's cold and to make matters worse it's leaking water and my trouser are completely saturated, but I'm happy as the shots look ok, as you can see below.

Greater Scaup











Great Crested Grebe


No comments:

Post a Comment