Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Later Nighters

Watch Your Fingers


Normally after a long day out and about it's back to the pub to recover with a nice cold beer, but tonight I've taken up the option of a night session with a visiting Red Fox. 

After a 7.0 pm briefing I'm in position and ready, the camera's ready but it's still daylight so it's the waiting game. I don't really know what to expect or for that matter what settings are likely to work , I have a rough idea never the less start fiddling with the camera settings, I guess more to pass the time than anything in anticipation of the action later on in the evening.

It's now pitch black the led's lighting illuminating a small raised grassy area, then to one side I see the head of the visiting Red Fox but its ultra cautious, we've been told not to fire the camera shutter until the fox is entirely in the open and then to use only single shot in silent mode as it may spook the animal, finger at the ready....I wait. 

The fox now on the top of the banking sniffs for anything edible all the while looking in my direction, I'm sure it knows I'm there but I'm well hidden in the darkness. I wait for when the fox raises it's head before shooting, but in silent mode the frame rate is slow...so slow so I miss some of the better shots that I'm after.

All too soon it's over, two hours of waiting for five minuets of action...but what action !

Red Fox












No comments:

Post a Comment