Pages

Thursday 13 December 2018

What's This App ?

Greyhound Retail Park, Chester - 13.12.18


I'm at West Kirby trying to get better images of the Great Northern Diver...no joy there, its around 1.0 pm and the Whats App Bird Alert Service pings, Waxwings are currently feeding on Rowan berries outside John Lewis on a retail park in Chester only thirty minuets away...I'm on my way.

As I drive into the retail park straight away I can see around five Waxwings sat in the usual top of tree location. Parking up under the tree, no leg work required ! the Waxwings fly to a nearby Rowan tree, it's the only Rowan tree in the local area and surprised they still persist in return for what now seems like very few berries remaining, the tree is sure to be stripped shortly with the birds moving on.

Even thou it's still around 2.0 pm the sun is starting to disappear arcing around the side of a building throwing the tree into shade, I recon I may have about fifteen minuets remaining to get some shots before the loss of light, and in the meantime the Waxwings remain sat in the tree.

The light is now passed its optimum best and I decide to hit the motorway for home happy at least I have a couple of ok images, the first of the season for me.

Waxwing







No comments:

Post a Comment