Pages

Thursday 15 February 2018

Cold Morning at Hollingworth


A quick trip up to Hollingworth Lake to see if I could get some flight shots of the Glaucous Gull that's been in residence now for a few weeks. On my arrival the gull is at the waters edge on the slipway eagerly waiting to grab any food it can thrown to the geese and ducks, I guess one of the reasons why the gull has stayed around for so long.

The gull spends most of it's time just stood only remotely interested in moving when there's food on offer, occasionally it manages to grab a full slice of bread swallowing it quickly before being robbed by the hoards of Black Headed Gulls. I grab some flights shots that I was after of the gull and the occasional goose honking over head.

This is the fourth time I've photography this gull and at such close distances that I don't expect to see again any time soon. Make hay when you can as they say.

Click to view image









No comments:

Post a Comment