Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Start of a New Year

So that's the 2016 festivities all done and dusted and another year begins, 2016 being my retirement year seems to have come and gone in a flash.

Today I'm at Pennington Flash, Leigh, formed and flooded as a result of subsidence from the former Bickershaw Colliery now a nature reserve, not the must picturesque of locations but it seems to attract its fair share of unusual species. 

I'm in a public hide on one of the smaller pools keeping an eye out for the Water Rail that sometimes appears, but this one's quick so you need to be sharp! The Water Rail appears but the light is diminishing, coupled with the grey mud and the undergrowth I'm pushing the ISO, I can't get the 500mm lens through the side viewing slot because the slot's too small.....doh.......and then...gotcha !

I've seen some cracking examples of Water Rail images recently, this is not the best capture by a long way but at least it will suffice as a not so bad "record shot" of the day

Better luck next time..



No comments:

Post a Comment