Pages

Thursday 16 September 2021

James Bond Duck

Rochdale Canals - 15.9.21

Over the last few weeks I've seen reports of a drake Goldeneye normally a winter visitor around our region that appears to be spending the summer months of the canals of Rochdale, now normally I've had mixed results with this northern breeder keeping its distance, but on a canal ! you got to be able get near.

It's a short walk to where I need to be and low and behold flying towards landing no more than twenty meters away is the Goldeneye not at all bothered by my presence. Now you ask yourself could this be an escapee, well looking at the images there's no leg rings present so maybe it a lost wild duck.

The light is harsh in fact its full sun so I don't hang around deciding to return later that afternoon. On my return the sun is still belting it out but at least in behind me. Now with all the images than I need a couple of dog walkers decided to feed the Canada Geese next to me and all hell breaks out....shoot over !

Goldeneye









No comments:

Post a Comment