Pages

Thursday 13 August 2020

Day Out at The Zoo

Worth it !

It's a number of years since I last visited Chester Zoo, from memory the last time when I last took my son aged eight, a very long time ago. So now that the zoo has reopened with restricted visitor numbers in place there's no better time to visit.

Chester Zoo being located close to several big cities can attract large numbers of visitors which makes getting a good views of popular locations like the Jaguar house a little difficult, so with social distancing in place and restricted numbers I'm hoping for good views, well that was the plan, today there's a queue a very long queue ! 

After about twenty minuets we're in, now the last time I was here the Jaguar kept it's distance circulating the enclosure at the back, not today it's sat on a rock bang in front of the window, even better due to social distancing there are just me and may be four others viewing this magnificent in the wild elusive cat.

I've brought along the Canon 5D4 with the new 70-200 f2.8 MkIII shooting wide open which in the low light is ideal with the cat so close, conscious of the big queue outside I spend as long as I can without being told off by one of the zoo staff to move along taking around three hundred shots, well you have to when there's an opportunity like this. 

I could have easily spent a couple of hours photographing this Jaguar but I must move on, see you next time.

Jaguar - male








No comments:

Post a Comment