Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2020

Another Short Drive

Lo Romero  Reserve - 4.3.20


It's another short drive to Lo Romero Reserve around six mile from the sea comprising two small reed fringed lakes in agricultural land that were formally part of a current working water works, can for me be a bit hit and miss for me but I guess the more time you put the better dividends it pays. Whats evident when I arrived was there are masses of Chiffchaff, resident in winter but the numbers seem greater than usual some even belting it out in full song.

Making my way to the second hide which has been the most productive in my past visits, several passerines are drinking from one of the only shallow pool amongst the tall reeds, Serin, Goldfinch and a few Chiffchaff take the opportunity to have a wash and brush up but its not really a clear shot, nevertheless I get some images of a "chiffy" perched on some reeds.

Chiffchaff





Serin

Several Serins take the opportunity to drink from a shallow pool but they are a bit wary as they can see me in the hide, Spanish reserve hides don't have rears wall so the birds can see your silhouette...pointless really.



Stonechat - female

This Stonechat is probably moving through the area, not your typical bird you find amongst the lake reeds.


Goldfinch

Another drinking from the shallow pool



Bluethroat

Out the corner of my eye a bird dives for cover, at this time of year it can only be one bird....a Bluethroat, now I would dearly like to get another shot of these usually skulking birds, anyway it wasn't for coming out but I did mange this record image.

No comments:

Post a Comment