Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2023

I Finally Make It - 1

I'm on My Way ! - Castilla La Mancha

A few years ago I'd arranged and booked a weeks photography trip to Finca De Laguna El Taray in the Toledo region of Central Spain, but due to the Covid Pandemic and all the restrictions that were subsequently put in place that was all canceled, wind on a couple of years I'm still thinking I'd like doing the trip.

Having read the most current reviews I came across a Dutch gent called Rene De Heer who was regular visitor to the very same place, contacting Rene he mentioned he was organised a trip and there was a place going if I was interested in joining up, I said yes.....I'm on my way.

The trip was to last a week arranging to meet up at Madrid Airport at 12.0 midday on Saturday and we would then pick up the minibus for the drive down to Toledo, but due to flights not aligning I'm having to stay Friday night in a Madrid airport hotel, it's ok....it's 4star ! 

On route to Madrid I'm doing some “celeb” spotting noting a BBC Breakfast Business presenter on the flight two rows back and in the hotel a former female Olympic gold medal ice skater, no name's but she's still on the TV and from Nottingham !

Now Saturday morning it's pickup time as planned and we're on the way down south to Quero for a hotel check-in around 2.0pm followed by a late afternoon session with Marsh Harriers. All the photography sessions over the next week are arranged for morning and late afternoons.

Airport Departure


El Taray Map

The map shows the general area of El Taray with locations I will be covering over the next eight days. Sessions are organised mornings and afternoons dependant on the angle of sun, starting at 5.0am returning to the accommodation for around 1.0pm then the evening session starting at 5.0pm through to around 9.0pm...so long days to say the least !


Casa de Labor

Each morning our start base is Casa de Labor which is marked on the map, we then make our way to our locations of the day, this afternoon we are La Mangada.


Day 1, PM - La Mangada - 17.07.2023

It's around 5.0pm and we're heading to a location called La Mangada on the edge of extensive wetlands and lakes, what you notice straight away is Marsh Harries are everywhere, not only over the marshes but also drifting over farmland by for the most common BOP on the trip.

Marsh Harrier - female








No comments:

Post a Comment