Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

Odds & Sods


Whilst photographing waders at the salinas I often see passerines that I’m not set up to photograph, on one such occasion a Stonechat was flitting on some dead reeds just out of range of the lens behind where I photographing waders so I decided set aside an couple of hours and try and get some shots.

A Stonechat had set up territory adjacent to one of my favourite wader locations but it meant  positioning myself more in the open where theres was absolutely no chance waders were going to come anyway near, not that I fined Stonechats that approachable.

I'm in position with camo scrim over me and the gear and wait, heaven knows what the local Spanish are thinking of my antics. After a period of time the bird seems to accept my presence not to concerned about the odd shape in the under growth, not too close but close enough to the bird to get some images.

Back at the carpark amongst the Tamarisk bushes there are quite few Chiffchaff scuttling about frantically feeding on the abundant insects, the background clutter isn’t particularly good but I get some close shots of a bird at close quarters that seem to elude me back in the UK. Also an shot of an immature Greater Flamingo that was paddling around in the shallows, nothing special but it did make me smile with its sticky up plumage

Click image & view full screen


Stonechat






Chiffchaff



Greater Flamingo


No comments:

Post a Comment