Pages

Friday 3 February 2017

Time To Get Back Out..


It’s been just over a week since my return from the Costa Blanca, despite the grim weather over the last couple of days I thought I’d get myself over to Pennington Flash to see what photo opportunities could be had. The weather is a little different from last weeks warm sunshine now its cold and grey, never the less its good to be out.

First stop is the “Bunting Hide” always activity to be found here, but the background of tree branches can be complicated and very distracting in the image so a wide open lens is required to blur the image background.

Out of the corner of my eye I spot a Water Rail skulking at the edge of the tree line, slowly it makes its way to below one of the bird feeders to benefit from a free meal the birds have dropped on the ground, with a little patience on my part, the rail moves out into the open feeding with ease giving me a great photo opertunity. I enjoy for several minutes a rare unplanned viewing encounter rather than the usual sight of a rear end of rail dashing for cover.

It's cold, I'm cold, I wish I'd brought my gloves!

Click image for clarity...








No comments:

Post a Comment