Pages

Sunday 15 October 2017

Rutting Time at Tatton


I'd planned to visit the south lakes today, a quick check of the weather forecast of cloud and drizzle I decide to head south instead to Tatton Park in Cheshire, a good decision really as it turned into a brilliantly sunny day, not good for photography but a grand day out.

The last time I visited Tatton Park my lad was riding his three wheeler bike, fourteen years later I'm back for a day out but also to take the opportunity as a taster for next weeks deer rut photo workshop with a well known Canon Ambassador

I'm lost, my sat nav has taken me along the M56 and off along what was the Chester Road now replaced by a new dual carriageway linking the M6. After a bit of a detour I manage to find the south entrance to Tatton Park and park up opposite Melchett Mere which I recommend if your interested in photographing deer. In the distance near Millennium Wood, Red and Fallow Deer are milling around in groups organised by the dominant stags, so that's where I'm heading to see what images I can manage.

Strutting his stuff and belting out his grinding calls is a Red Deer stag with a mass of wire tangled in his antlers a loop of which is strung under the throat of the animal, hopefully the wire will be discarded along with the antlers in due coarse.

Not wanting to spend my entire visit photographing deer, I spend the next hour with this chap before enjoying the remainder of the day in the Cheshire countryside on a loverly sunny autumn day

Click image and view full screen









No comments:

Post a Comment