Pages

Friday 4 September 2020

Mr Unlucky

Horwich, Bolton - 1.9.20

So there I am just having just painted the gate on my mums house in the Forest of Dean and a message appears on the web chat Monday morning than a Wryneck has appeared at Horwich, as I'm two hundred miles away there's no chance of me getting there, too make matters worse there's some cracking images beginning to appear of the bird practically at their feet....doh !

Now Tuesday pm I'm back op norf and made the drive over to Horwich to join what must be twenty birders eager to get a Manchester "tick"of this now uncommon/rare passage migrant. The Wryneck proving very elusive only appearing every so often and then only giving fleeting glimpses, it's a waiting game, you know the usual occupation "twitching"

After a lot of waiting around I've only managed a single sighting and a very quick set of images of the bird perched in a pine tree many of which are obscured by branches, with some editing I've managed to salvage an single image to record the event.

I'm not at all jealous....really, of the many images from yesterday, like the ones on the fence posts or rock that keep appearing on the web....really....grrrrr

Thats the way it goes I guess, sometimes you get some images, sometimes you don't 

Wryneck




No comments:

Post a Comment