Pages

Friday 24 January 2020

Almost Time

Ringford - 19.1.20

At this time of year the light disappears around 4.0pm a little too early really to call time on the days activities so after some refreshment I've arranged a session in one of Alan Mcfadyan's hides to see if I can get some images of Tawny Owls.

I'm a bit conflicted at the end of a weekend's trip wanting the owl to make an early appearance so I can set off on the long trip back home but no so early that I miss an encounter as you can't always predict when and if they'll turn up. Now some thirty minuets since we're enveloped in complete darkness a Tawny Owl is calling in nearby trees, surly an appearance is imminent...fingers are at the ready. The owl makes a fly pass illuminated by the LED's looking bigger than you would expect, moments later in lands on the post and the actions starts.

Usually over a couple of hours you can expect several visits but not on this occasions just silence other than a hoard of night dwelling rats emptying the bird feeders. With no further visits over the next ninety minutes I call time on the session and the weekends activities, now for the long drive home but looking forward to my visit to Spain which is only in two days time!

Tawny Owl




No comments:

Post a Comment